Friday, May 7, 2010

Friday 7th May (Ver 2)

Hurrah at last found out how this works, I've been looking at another john clayton and kept thinking this is nothing like what I've posted, silly me because have a common name means I had to alter my blog address to johnnyclayton.blogspot.com

Anyway its been just under two weeks out here but feels like ages, so much to do. Flew out from IOM on Monday 26th April to Manchester. Problem at airport due to name on booking was clayton john and no luggage booked! anyway a big payment to Flybe and alls well. Quick transfer at Manchester then out with Ethaid airways to Abu Dhabi, excellent flight. Arrived AD about 1930 (T), wizzed through airport and delivered to a suite on the 17th floor in central AD. very smart.
27th first day at work, usual meeting lots of people and then trying to remember who they were?
Rest of the week busy with meetings about issues affecting the new channel to Musaffah, the port where I'll be based (just opposite AD island).

This week, the same, but also a trip out to Musaffah to meet a big customer. Also had to be checked out medically to get my residency visa, until that comes through (hopefully) Sunday, I'm a bit stuck as can't get a driving license, open a bank account or find a place of my own, so to date its taxis everywhere (cheep).

The place its self is very busy, vibrant, very multicultural, cars everywhere with crazy parking and a few buses but can't find out how you get a ticket? Also have not yet found any post offices and I'm right in the city centre.

Went to Jurmeirah Beach (The Palm) last weekend with a college from work, he's looking at renting a property there, but for me it's too far to drive everyday (and his base will be different than mine). Personally looking around Khalifa City A, Twin Bridges, Al Reef or Yas Island for my base, maybe more progress next week.

John

No comments:

Post a Comment